Rules & Regulations:
1. Your video can be composed of footage from anime, live-action movies, cartoons, television shows, video games, or any combination of these. OMV’s (Original Music Video) are also accepted.
2. You are allowed two (2) videos to enter.
3. The videos must be in one of the following formats:
Digital formats – Videos will only be accepted in MPEG-1, MPEG-2, or AVI format. Video quality must at least or better 720×480 pixels in size and at a frame rate of 29.97 fps (NTSC). Audio quality must at least or better then 48 kHz. Please do not send any video files with a bit rate of over 9000kbps or anything encoded with AC3 audio! If you send a video not in the appropriate format, you will be notified to resubmit. Please do not send VCD, SVCD or DVD-video formatted media, as we will not accept it!
Videotape entries – We do not accept videotape entries.
4. The video can be no longer than six (6) minutes or shorter than thirty (30) seconds
5. Tokyo, OK is a family friendly event. So no overt or abundant sexual (fan service) references, profanity and/or extreme violence/gore. This also includes the lyrics of the song use. The reason for this is that we do not want to have to card for any 18+ material.
6. Subtitles, logos and watermarks are not allowed. Do not use footage with logos such as DivX, Cartoon Network, Anime Network, etc. This does not include subtitles add by the creator for karaoke AMV’s.
7. The deadline is 11:59pm CST on October 1, 2021.
8. Videos can only be submitted by their creators. Anonymous submissions will not be accepted.
9. Videos must be a new submission to TOK and must have been completed within the 24 month period prior to the contest.
10. All videos will be screened beforehand by a panel made up of the contest director and screeners chosen at his/her discretion. This panel will determine which videos will make the contest. Tokyo, OK will attempt to make known the videos that HAVE qualified for the contest, but cannot promise this info will be available before the convention.
11. Judging criteria includes: video quality, audio quality, editing technique, and originality. Prizes will be awarded to a Best in Show, plus highest scoring video in each category: action, comedy, and drama. A category must have a minimum of 3 qualifying AMVs for category prize to be awarded.
12. All AMVs will be kept for the use in future Tokyo, OK as showcase event.
13. The Tokyo, OK AMV contest rules are subject to change with or without notice. Please use the contact form (choose “contests”) for further questions/suggestions.