Enforcement of these rules is enacted with ZERO tolerance.
No warnings will be given.
Any infraction of these rules may be met with expulsion from the convention without refund and could include law enforcement involvement.
A WEAPON is defined as follows:
“Illegal Knife” means a:
- knife with a blade over 4 ½ inches.
- hand instrument designed to cut or stab another by being thrown
- dagger, including but not limited to a dirk, kunai, shuriken, tessen or poniard
- bowie knife
“Club” means an instrument that is specifically designed, made, or adapted for the purpose of inflicting serious bodily injury or death by striking a person with the instrument. Includes, but is not limited to:
- bat (wooden or metal)
- Dealers will sell any defined weapon to persons of at least 18 years of age. Any dealer selling to minors will be removed from the convention and proper authorities may be notified.
- All Dealers must box, wrap, or peace tie any weapon sold. Weapons are to be held by dealer until the customer is able to remove the weapon from the convention space and the DoubleTree Downtown.
- The sale of firearms, Airsoft, and any other weapon is strictly prohibited.
- Weapons brought to the con should be fake and part of your costume (no live steel or guns). Items that could be used as actual weapons, such as large wooden swords or sticks, will need to be peace-bond upon entry. By bringing these items you agree to handle them in a safe and responsible manner. By federal law, any props that appear to be real firearms (plastic guns and the like) need to have government safety orange visibly displayed on the tip of the barrel.
- AirSoft is allowed only if it has been completely and permanently disabled.
- Wooden swords are allowed as long as they have gone through the safety check and are handled responsibly.
- All Oklahoma laws on purchasing weapons will be followed.
- Drawing of weapons, horseplay, or careless handling of weapons in public places is not allowed and will result in loss of membership and expulsion from the convention.
- Purchased weapons must be removed from the convention and the hotel’s public spaces .
- All cosplay participants planning to use weapon replicas onstage must present their weapons for inspection and demonstrate their intended use for the staff. Any unauthorized weapons or actions involving weapons onstage or backstage will result in disqualification and any further actions deemed necessary by Tokyo in Tulsa Staff.
- All persons handling weapons do so at their own risk.
These rules will be strictly enforced. Any infractions WILL cost you the offending items and may cause expulsion from the convention and the hotel’s public spaces without refund. All decisions made by the staff regarding the Weapons Policy are final. Please note that the Weapons Policy is subject to change and may be done so without advance notice.